Wednesday, July 25, 2007

crash and burn

I can't believe I am even writing this, but it is so funny, I can't help but to laugh at myself! I was working out on the treadmill, and jammin' out to the ipod, when for some stupid reason I thought I should let go of the rails and jog a little. But because I was so into the song that was playing on the ipod, and I was singing out loud ( this is where it gets really good) I closed my eyes....."why?" you ask. Because I was lost in the music, and I kept drifting further and further away from the front of the treadmill, when all of the sudden, I flew off the back of the treadmill and my cheek landed first. The treadmill was still going, and I scrapped both knees, and elbows, and on my right elbow I have a long bruise. I made this thud sound when I landed, and I was so embarrassed. Luckily I was in the room alone, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell Brian or not but I think he saw my wounds. So then I had to tell him, but I tried to make him promise not to laugh....but how could he not, heck, I was laugh as I told him!!! And I think if anything positive can come out of flying off a treadmill, AT LEAST I WASN'T @THE GYM when it happened!!! How embarrassing would that had been. But I am okay, and looking forward to my next workout, this time I won't close my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this treadmill from a friend when Mike and I first got married. It was an old one that you turned a switch to turn on. I was on my hands and knees plugging it in, bad idea. It was turned on to the highest speed possible and I got flung off the back. I slammed into a microwave cart. To this day, I wish I had videotape of it so that I could win money.

Mick Wright said...

Ouch!