Saturday, July 7, 2007

rescue me....


Last Tuesday, Jackson and I went to Easy Way produce store and we were shopping and looking at all the fruit and veggies, we checked out and put the bag in the car. As I went to get Jackson out of the basket, he snagged, and I looked down and he had somehow during the time that we where shopping, gotten his leg out of the leg slot, and put it into another part of the basket. It was so small, I don't know how his leg even fit in the space to begin with. So, I took him back inside the store, because it was so hot outside. I asked to see the manager, who was a big jerk, and he was trying to wiggle Jackson's leg out, when it was clearly not coming out. I told him to stop and that I needed to use the phone. I called Brian and told him that Jackson's leg was stuck in the basket @EasyWay and he told me to call 911. So, I basically hung up on Brian and called 911. The operator answered...911 what's the emergency? I said yes, I am at EasyWay on stage road, and my 10 month old son's leg is stuck in the shopping cart. The Bartlett Fire Department came to the rescue, luckily I knew them, because Brian used to work with them. They had to get the bolt cutters and cut the basket to free his leg. At this point Jackson was screaming and crying. But he was freed and we were able to leave finally, but before we did I managed to snap a photo of Jackson and his heroes, even though he was crying and he would not look at me as I took the photo. And they gave me the piece of the basket that they cut off. I wonder if we are banded from shopping at EasyWay???? I guess we will see. Thanks BFD(station 2) for coming to the rescue and hepling my son and keeping this mommy calm.

1 comment:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Wow! I'm glad that both you and Jackson are ok...that would have been scarey!