Thursday, October 25, 2007

Paramedics.?...not again!


In the past 13 months Jackson has managed to get his leg stuck in a shopping cart that required the assistance of the Bartlett Fire Dept. and now the Paramedics. Tuesday night, after taking his bath and getting on his jammies, he was playing on his favorite birthday toy, the little tike's slide, which he plays on constantly. And well, I guess the fleece p.j.'s gave him an extra slick bottom, because he flew down the slide like lightening, and slammed head first into the entertainment center. I quickly grabbed him and peeled his face off the cabinet door. He was of course crying, but holding his breath, so I had to blow in his face to get him to take a breath. Well, after getting him to calm down, so I could see what the damage was, I noticed that his right eye was starting to swell on his eyebrow. I was worried about it so I tried to call Brian at work, but of course he was driving the ambulance and they were taking a patient to the hospital. I left a message for him to call me asap. Then his Lt. called me back and told me that he was putting in an emergency call to Brian, that way he would know that I needed to talk to him sooner that waiting for him to come back to the station. And the Lt. also talked me though checking out Jackson's pupils for dilation. (Thanks, Kenny!) I tried to call our neighbor who is a MFD paramedic, but no answer. So, by this time Brian called me from the hospital, dropping off a patient who had a broken hip. I explained what happened and he told me to call BFD and talk with the paramedic, and just make sure they didn't need to check Jackson out. I called and keep in mind that we know all these guys since Brian worked there for almost 6 years. So, I talked with the medic, and he felt like it would be best if they just came out and made sure that he didn't have a concussion or something. They just came on over it wasn't an official 911 call, so they didn't come "lights and sirens" or anything. So, they looked him over and they said everything looked okay. Thanks Guys! What a relief! Just chalk it up to being a boy,I guess. I think I have given birth to the next Evil Kenevil.

1 comment:

Lucky Gem said...

Hmmm....my stepdad is a paramedic for BFD, but he's been on leave for most of the year due to an injury. Small world.

I clicked over from Casey's blog.