Sunday, June 10, 2007

Baby shower nightmare

Okay, something crazy happened to me yesterday. I have a friend/ex-co-worker that is having a baby in September, and I offered about 3 months ago to host her baby shower. 1. Because she is my friend, 2. Because she has only lived here a few years, and I wanted her to have a nice shower, 3. Because I LOVE hosting and having people over( I secretly want to be like Martha Stewart-for those of you who don't already know that!!!!) So, I have been asking for the guest list for three months now, because I was thinking that I would make the invitations my self. She is always putting me off, and I don't want the shower to be done @the last minute, of course. And I know that she is having another shower in her hometown so I am also having to plan around that, and I have a Coronal Polishing Course that is going to take me one whole Friday and Saturday to complete. What I am saying is time is running out and I still haven't gotten the guest list. So, yesterday she calls to tell me that she will be getting the list together for me, and she also has a friend from church that wants to help with the shower. SURPRISE, SURPRISE! But she made me so mad because she (Oh, her husband was talking in the background) said her Church friend, which I have never met, didn't really have any plans, she just wanted to have the shower @her house. And in the background I hear(yeah, she has a HUGE house!!!!). So want does she say to me, yeah, she has a huge house, I will give her your phone number, okay!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?????????? I was in shock, THE NERVE!!! What does she think my house is chopped liver???? Last time I checked I had a very nice house. I can not tell you just how mad, and offended I am. What I will be doing now is bowing out gracefully. If the girl with the "biggest house in town" wants to give the shower, here's her chance, because I am OUT!!!! I thought that when someone offers to go to all the expense and trouble to throw a shower for you, that you say "Thank You". Not, hey let's have it @the mansion because she is richer than you are. What does she think I would have given her a white trash party????? Apparently, she doesn't know me as well as I thought she did. I have co-hosted showers before, and I enjoy working alone better. Not that I didn't have a good time, but these where my friends that I was working with, not a complete stranger. She may be a total pain, and I don't want to deal with that. So, I'm not! I hope all goes well @that shower, I will report back, if I am invited. But @this point, I don't really care if I am or not!

1 comment:

Artist-Tim said...

I'll be glad to come to your house, April, any time.