Friday, June 1, 2007

ciao bella

Ciao Bella is one of our favorite restaurants in Memphis and we have not been there since I was Pregnant. So, last night my wonderful husband planned a date night and we went to dinner and a movie with our friends Ben and Monica. This, you see was our first official date since Jackson has been born. But the cute thing was that while I was getting ready, Brian secretly called his mom and dad and asked if they would mind keeping the baby for a few hours so we could have a night alone. He also pack up the diaper bag and put the bouncy seat in the car. So as we were leaving, I saw the bouncy seat in the back, and said "are we going over to Ben and Monica's after dinner or something?" Well, I think he said "maybe", then we left and I didn't think much more about it. I was just touching up my makeup and hair and talking on the way to dinner and not really paying attention to the way we were going, which was to Germantown, not the way to the restaurant. The crazy thing is I didn't notice want was going on until we turned on to my in-laws street. I guess that shows how much I pay attention when I am not driving. So then I started to tear up, I wanted Jackson with us. But I agreed that we needed a night alone, so he stayed with his Nana and Grandpa. We had a wonderful dinner, I had the Lobster Ravioli and Ladybug White wine, and Brian had the gnocchi. I made Brian call to check on Jackson, and everything was fine. After dinner we decided to see Shrek the Third, I told Brian that it was not a good idea to take me to a movie about a baby when I was missing Jackson so much :). I have to say that the movie was funny, but not as funny as the other Shriek movies. The best part was probably the last 5 minutes. After the movie we rushed to pick up our sweet angel, who of course was up past his bed time. But he was sooooo happy to see us, and I think that my in-laws were equally happy to see us,too. They looked worn out,but on their behalf, Jackson IS very active, and he will really keep you on your toes. But it was the best night, I had a great time. Thanks to my honey for sneaking behind my back and making plans. And I would also like to thank Ben and Monica for the dinner, you guys are too sweet. Until our next adventure....ciao, Bella.

No comments: