Thursday, June 21, 2007

butterflies




Yesterday, my friend Kaye and I took our sons to the zoo and it was a perfect day. The Memphis humidity was not present, and the sun was shining, with a slight breeze every now and then. The boys, Caleb and Jackson, were more interested in looking at each other then the animals, which was pretty funny! And the best part and my I recommend everyone to see before it's gone for the season, was the butterfly exhibit! I don't know what I was expecting, but you go into this greenhouse-like building, and it is filled with beautiful flowers everywhere. The best part is that there are hundreds of butterflies flying around all over the place. It is like they don't even know that people are there with them. A brown one landed on my finger. I don't know if this is true or not, but my granny has always said that if a butterfly lands on you that is good luck! I got some great pictures of the babies beside the coi pond as the butterflies fluttered around them. They watched in awe. It was so incredible. And also the keeper in the house came up to us with a huge and beautiful butterfly on her hand, and showed Jackson how it could open and close its wings. Please if you get the chance, go see the butterflies, and I would even recommend taking your spouse, it could probably be a very special and romantic date.

No comments: