Thursday, August 16, 2007

Jackson's 1st road trip


Saturday we celebrated the August birthdays by driving to Shiloh to eat at Hagy's Catfish Hotel, right on the Tennessee river. Jackson has never been in the car for that amount of time, so we had to pull over once on the way there, just to give him a break from his car seat. I changed his diaper in my lap and then we listened to the church cd all the way there, because it is soothing to him. I sung the whole way, sorry to Nana and Granddad and Brian,who had to hear this for 2 and a half hours. When we finally arrived @the restaurant the waitress brought the highchair that looked as if it were used during the civil war, and it was so sticky and gross, but it could have been made of gold, Jackson didn't want to sit down anyway, because he had been in his car seat most of the day. So Brian and I had to eat in shifts, and Nana walked around with Jackson, too. Then we talked with everyone for a few minutes, then got in the car and came right back home. But not without a stop at a mom and pop gas station to give Jackson a break, diaper change and put his p.j.'s on. After we put him in his car seat again, his p.j.'s zipper had a blow out and half of his leg was exposed until we got home. It looked pretty funny! I have to say that we will not be making another trip like that for along time, for Jackson's sake. I was glad that we were invited and happy birthday to Don, Clay and Nancy!!!!!
Brian and I had been there before to eat after a date @Shiloh. It is a cute little place with pretty good catfish, go early because it gets very crowded. And the only place to wait is outside. It was cool because when we got there is when I remembered that we had been there before. It was a pleasent surprise. Also while we where there this time, the civil war re-inactment was taking place, and all the soldiers were waiting outside as we were leaving. I should have taken Jackson's pictures with the soldiers, but I didn't. I did however get some good photos of Jackson and his granddad looking at the boats going by on the river. I have to say that Jackson is not ready for a drive to DisneyWorld yet. :(

No comments: